The Scientific Committee cordially invites you to submit abstracts for free communication (oral), poster presentations and symposia. All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and assigned to the appropriate session. All presenting authors of accepted abstracts are expected to attend the Congress and are required to register and pay the registration fee before the early registration deadline.
* Accepted abstracts will be published in a supplement issue of International Psychogeriatrics, IPA’s official journal, and will be distributed to all delegates attending the Congress.
- Deadline for Poster Abstract Submission: May 31, 2013
- Deadline for Early Registration: July 1, 2013
- Biological Psychogeriatrics
- BP01 Aging & Metabolism
- BP02 Anti-aging Strategies
- BP03 Brain Imaging
- BP04 Determinants of Longevity
- BP05 Drug Discovery
- BP06 Genes and Biomarkers
- BP07 Model Systems/Animal Models
- Clinical Psychogeriatrics
- CP01 Alzheimer Disease
- CP02 Anxiety & Neurotic Disorders in Late-life
- CP03 BPSD (Behavioral Psychological Symptoms of Dementia)
- CP04 Cerebrovascular Disorders and Vascular Aging
- CP05 Delirium
- CP06 Dementia
- CP07 Depression & Mood Disorder in Late-life
- CP08 Diagnosis, Criteria & Methods
- CP09 Disabled Elderly & Rehabilitation
- CP10 Epidemiology in Late-life
- CP11 Models of Care
- CP12 Health Promotion & Disease Prevention for the Elderly
- CP13 MCI & Subclinical Cognitive Impairment
- CP14 Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders
- CP15 Psychosomatic Medicine
- CP16 Psychotic Disorders in Late-life
- CP17 Sleep Disorders in Late-life
- CP18 Suicide in Late-life
- CP19 Treatment, Non-pharmacological Interventions
- CP20 Treatment, Pharmacological Interventions
- CP21 Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- CP22 Geriatric Patients with Comorbidities
- Social Psychogeriatrics
- SP01 Active Aging
- SP02 Aging Society, Prediction & Preparation
- SP03 Caregiver, Support & Education
- SP04 Community for the Elderly, Integration & Care
- SP05 End-of-life Issues & Palliative Care
- SP06 Ethical & Legal Issues
- SP07 Ethno-cultural Psychogeriatrics
- SP08 Health Care System
- SP09 Interface of Psychogeriatrics with Other Disciplines
- SP10 Oldest Old & Centenarians
- SP11 Quality of Life
- SP12 Elderly Relationships
- SP13 Technologic Innovation & Technology based Intervention
- SP14 Training and Curriculum Development
- Other Miscellaneous
- OM01 Other Miscellaneous Issue, Not Otherwise Classified
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts should be submitted online.
- Abstracts should be submitted in English.
- The maximum number of words is 300.
- Authors must fill out all abstract details and authors’ information following the online abstract submission procedures.
- Authors may edit and modify submitted abstracts until the submission deadline.It is the responsibility of the authors to ensure the accuracy of the abstract.There will be no additional editing after the deadline.
- Authors may choose their presentation preference (free communication or poster). However, the Scientific Committee will make the final decision after review.
Permission for In-Person and Electronic Presentations
Thank you for your participation in this IPA educational program. By giving IPA permission to reuse your presentation, you help to expand the knowledge and expertise in the field beyond those attending your session. Thank you!
By completing the agreement and selecting your permission(s) during the online abstract submission procedure, you indicate whether IPA may record your presentation and distribute the recording in any media and also whether IPA may copy and distribute any documents or audio or visual materials used in your presentation in any media for educational purposes without payment to you.
Your completion also indicates your guarantee to IPA that your presentation and all your materials are your original work, unless you attach permission from the copyright holder.
Notification of Acceptance
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee according to standard reviewing procedures.
Notification of acceptance will be sent by e-mail to corresponding, presenting and abstract submitting authors.
If the presenting author of an accepted symposia does not register by July 1, 2013, or if the presenting author of an accepted abstract does not register by September 1, 2013, the abstract will be automatically withdrawn from the final program. If you must withdraw an abstract, please notify the IPA 2013 Secretariat in writing as soon as possible.
For inquiries, contact : firstname.lastname@example.org